The following research projects are based on testing or using the Equivalency Theorem. Please let us know if you know of other similar work.
Bernard, M. R., Abrami, P. C., Borokhovski, E., Wade, C. A., Tamim, R. M., Surkes, M. A., & Bethel, E. C. (2009). A meta-analysis of three types of interaction treatments in distance education. The Review of Educational Research (RER), 79(3), 1243-1289 – A meta-analysis on interaction research in light of the Equivalency Theorem covering 1985 – 2006 empirical studies in distance education.
Byers, A. S. (2010). Examining learner-content interaction importance and efficacy in online, self-directed electronic professional development in science for elementary educators in grades three – six. (Doctoral Dissertation, The Faculty of the Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Virginia, US). – An examination of the Theorem validity in self-paced online course for adult students.
- Miyazoe, T. (2009 January). LMS-based EFL Blended Instructional Design: Learning Community, Learning Styles, and Online Written Interaction. (Doctoral Dissertation: International Christian University, Japan) – An application of the Theorem to blended learning context with Japanese university students is included (written in English).
- Rhode, J. F. (2008). Interaction Equivalency in Self-Paced Online Learning Environments: An Exploration of Learner Preferences. (Doctoral Dissertation, Capella University, US, UMI 3291462) – Examination of the Theorem in self-paced online teacher professional development course.
- Markewitz, L. (2007). Stuent-Student Interaction in an Online Continuing Professional Development Course: Testing Anderson’s Equivalency Theorem — test of adding student-student interaction to the other two interaction pairs.
- Hao Ying (2011). Analyzing students’ mathematical learning problems from the calculus consulting program: a tutoring case study – Research on applying Interaction Equivalency Theorem in Math teaching.
- Miyazoe, T., & Anderson, T. (2010a). The Interaction Equivalency Theorem. Journal of Interactive Online Learning (JIOL), Summer, 94-104.
- Miyazoe, T., & Anderson, T. (2010b). Empirical research on learners’ perceptions: Interaction Equivalency Theorem in blended learning, European Journal of Open, Distance and E-Learning (EURODL).
- Rhode, J. F. (2009). Interaction Equivalency in Self-Paced Online Learning Environments: An Exploration of Learner Preferences. Interactional Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning (IRRODL), 10(1).
- Miyazoe, T., & Anderson, T. (2012). Voice Interaction Online (freely available with password 275326 so don’t buy!!). In Advancement in Online Education:Exploring the Best Practices (Q. Lin Ed.), Book chapter, Hauppauge, NY: Nova Science Publishers. – Theorizing online voice interaction and computer-mediated communication (NagoGong, VoiceThread, etc.) using the Modes of Interaction.
- Cabral, P. B., & Quintas-Mendes, A. (2012). O TEOREMA DA EQUIVALÊNCIA DA INTERAÇÃO E O DESENHO DE CENÁRIOS PARA A EDUCAÇÃO ONLINE: RESULTADOS PRELIMINARES. II Congresso Internacional TIC e Educação, Portugal.
- Cabral, P. B., & Quintas-Mendes, A. (2012). Interaction Equivalency Theorem and Design of Online Courses–A Preliminary Research Proposal Approach, EDEN 2012 Annual Conference, Porto, Portugal.
- Miyazoe, T. & Anderson, T. (2012). Enteraction Equivalency Theorem: The 64-interaction design model and its Significance on Online Teaching, AAOU 2012, CD-ROM proceedings (no page), Makuhari, Japan
- Miyazoe, T. & Anderson, T. (2011). Interaction Equivalency Theorem: Research Potential and its Application to Teaching, archived by Penn State University
database, The 27th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning (DTL) Proceedings
- Miyazoe, T. (2012). Getting the Mix Right Once Again: A Peek into the Interaction Equivalency Theorem and Interaction Design. ALT Online News Letter.
- Pedro Barbosa Cabral. (2012). Interaction Equivalency Theorem and Design of Online Courses – A Preliminary Research Proposal Approach, EDEN 2012, Porto, Portugal.
- Miyazoe, T. & Anderson, T. (2012). Interaction Equivalency Theorem: The 64-Interaction Design Model and its Significance on Online Teaching, AAOU 2012: The 26th Annual Conference of Asian Association of Open Universities, Makuhari, Japan
- Miyazoe, T. & Anderson, T. (2011). The Interaction Equivalency Theorem: Research potential and application in teaching, Information Session, 27th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning, Wisconsin, US.
- Miyazoe, T. (2009). The Interaction Equivalency Theorem and its Implications in Blended Learning, The 15th Sloan-C International Conference, Orland, US.